The MoB hosted 3 amazing speakers who spoke about the current issues of Marijuana!
Drug Enforcement Agent, Albert Villasuso, discussed all the different types of marijuana that are sold in dispensaries and the highly dangerous synthetic marijuana that is sold in convenient and retail stores. Albert passed around different types of marijuana, i.e. bath salts, edibles, and packets of spice.... for all the MoBster's to take a first hand look.
Dr. David Bosch, an emergency room doctor, talked about what he sees on a daily basis due to the intake of marijuana and synthetic marijuana. Unfortunately, children are getting a hold of edibles in their own homes and from other children/teens. Dr. Bosch also sees a great deal of patients that come in from inhaling/digesting the synthetic marijuana. This is very dangerous because no one knows exactly what is in the makeup of these synthetic products.
Lastly, we were honored to have a mother of 4 boys share her personal struggle with her boys and marijuana. Two of her boys have had significant negative repercussions to their pot use. With a lot of grace, she gave all of us a taste of real life consequences to marijuana use.
Order Event Photographs at: http://melissahirschphotography.zenfolio.com/MoB-marijuana-awareness
Melisssa Hirsch Photography
Signs & Symptoms: Possible Effects:
- Animated Behavior - Euphoria followed by relaxation
- Loud talking - Loss of appetite
- Sleepiness - Impaired memory
- Dilated Pupils - Concentration
- Bloodshot eyes - Knowledge retention
-Distortions in perceptions - Loss of coordination
- Hallucinations - More vivid sense of taste, sight , smell and hearing
- Distortions in depth and time perception - Stronger doses cause fluctuating emotions
- Loss of coordination - Fragmentary thoughts
- Disoriented behavior
- May cause irritation to lungs, respiratory system
- May cause cancer
Symptoms of Overdose: Symptons of Withdrawl:
- Fatigue - Insomnia
- Lack of coordination - Hyperactivity
- Paranoia - Decreased Appetite
Common Street Names:
Aunt Mary, BC Bud, Blunts, Boom, Chronic, Dope, Gangster, Ganja, Grass, Hash, Herb, Hydro, Indo, Joint, Kif, Mary Jane, Mota, Pot, Reefer, Sinsemilla, Skunk, Smoke, Weed, and Yerba.
K2 is a mixture of leafy-looking herbs and spices that are sprayed with a psychoactive chemical, then smoked. The mixture comes in several flavors; watermelon, cotton candy, and pineapple express. K2, otherwise known as "fake pot" is produced in China and Korea. It's sold online and can be found in smoke shops and stores where incense is sold. Merchants who sell these pricey bags of fragrant herbs can't keep them on the shelves.
Signs and SYMPTOMS:
- Rapid heart rate and vomiting
- Drastically raised blood pressure
- Hallucinations and Paranoia
- Can affect some users neurological systems
- Can cause changes in behavior and perception
- Seizures and Death
Synthetic Stimulants or Bath Salts
Synthetic stimulants that are marked as "bath salts" are often found in a number of retail stores. These synthetic stimulants are chemicals, which are believed to be manufactured in China and India and packaged for wholesale distribution in Eastern Europe. Many countries have banned these products! Bath salts are usually ingested by sniffing/snorting, orally, smoked, or put into a solution and injected into veins.
Effects on the Mind:
- Paranoia and Delsuisons
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Seizures and Panic Attacks
- Impaired Perception of Reality
- Reduced Motor Control
- Decreased ability to think clearly
Effects on the Body:
- Rapid Heart Rates
- Heart Attacks and Strokes
- Chest pains, nosebleeds, sweating, nausea and vomiting
Common Street Names:
Bliss, Blue Silk, Cloud Nine, Drone, Energy - 1, Ivory Wave, Lunar Wave, Meow Meow, Ocean Burst, Pure Ivory, Purple Wave, Red Dove, Snow Leopard, Stardust, Vanilla Sky, White Dove, White Knight, White Lightening.